Coat of Arms
The Coat of Arms of Nowy Tomyśl on its official emblem refers to the founder and former owner of the city, Feliks Szołdrski, who belonged to one of the oldest aristocratic families in Wielkopolska. He owned, among others, Wytomyśl and few neighbouring settlements. Feliks Szołdrski's coat of arms was Łodzia. According to the founding act of Stanisław August Poniatowski of 8 April 1786, the city's emblem was to be the one specified by the heir of these lands. Therefore Feliks Szołdrski granted the city his own coat of arms - Łodzia - with a name: Nowy Tomyśl above it. This emblem was from the beginning the city's coat of arms. It can be found on city seals from the 18th, 19th and 20th century. The arms of Nowy Tomyśl shows a yellow wooden boat with a red background.